Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Banksy Performance Art

Youtube Video of Banksy's Performance Art Piece 
(Courtesy: Tonno Che Rotola)

The performance piece in which Banksy modifies and recreates Paris Hilton's new CD is amazing. I was unaware he even did this, despite knowing about his work for years now. I must applaud Banksy as I share a strong dislike for Paris Hilton along with the rest of the world for having little to no talent. I enjoyed the idea and concept behind this event, however, the quality could have been better. I believe the way in which the CD's were switched out could have been easier. Assuming that this video was taken years ago, I will not critique this video as harshly as I would a modern day reproduction. This was most certainly shot during the age where hard copy disks were as heavily guarded and monitored than jewelry. Nowadays CD's have been rendered obsolete with the popularity of streaming and now store owners would be lucky if thieves stole their hardcopy disks just to free up the space they are taking up. Overall, I enjoyed the performance and hope to see Banksy recreate this old video with a newer more relevant artist.

No comments:

Post a Comment